Service Terms is the concept of contract that you have with your customers installed systems. Any service term has the following information to track your service contract.
- Type and duration of contract
- Pricing Model that should be following for any parts that are invoiced during the job. Normally for any spare part, the price will be used from the respecting pricing model. You can setup more than one pricing model and associate with different service terms
- Service Term defines, engineer who visits the site and the job can be scheduled here for service engineer for the next time to visit the site.
- Charges for callout jobs can be setup at Service Term. So, anytime you schedule a call out type of job, then the invoice will be calculating the charges based on Standard and OOH(out of office hours) charge from the Service Term.
- Scheduling policy needs to be defined at service term level to keep track of the next job automatically created whenever the current job is completed.
Create new ‘Service Terms’ by clicking ‘New Service Term’ button on the site account.
- The Required Fields -> Type, Start Date, End Date, Price Modal and Status.
Fig 1 : Service Terms Page
Service Term Fields :
|Field Label||Data Type||Description|
|Name||String||Auto number for the Service Terms.|
|Type||Picklist||The type of service terms. For example, Installation/Setup, Service/Maintenance, Training.|
|Site||Reference||Service Terms has Master Details relationship with Account.|
|Customer||Formula||Read only. Related Customer for the Site.|
|Service Engineer||Reference||Refers the technician name.|
|Pricing Model||Reference||Required. Refers Price Book name.|
|Start Date||Date||Start Date for the Service Term|
|End Date||Date||End Date for the Service Term|
|Status||Picklist||Status of the service terms. Like In Review, Accepted, Active, On Hold, Cancelled|
|Schedule Next Job||Boolean||To activate Next job must be scheduled.|
|Schedule On||Picklist||It tells when to schedule. For example, Next Day, Next Week, Next Month, Next Year, Days After.|
|Days||Number||Time interval between two jobs|
|Schedule Until||Date||Refers expected date to complete the job. Reach this due date until the job can be automatically scheduled|
|No of Open Job||Rollup summary(count)||Sum of the open jobs on service terms.|
|No of Completed JOb||Rollup summary(count)||Sum of the completed jobs on service terms.|
|No of Cancelled Job||Rollup summary(count)||Sum of the cancelled jobs on the service terms.|
|Last Completed Job||Rollup summary(count)||Last Completed job on service terms.|
|Next Scheduled Job||Rollup summary(count)||Next Scheduled job on service terms.|
|Site Contact||Reference||Refers to Site contact name.|
|Secondary Contact||Reference||Refers to Secondary contact name.|
|Other Contact||Reference||Refers Other contact name.|
|Site Contact Email||Formula||Refers to Site Contact Email id.|
|Site Contact Phone||Formula||Refers to Site Contact Phone number.|
|Secondary Contact Email||Formula||Refers to Secondary Contact Email id.|
|Secondary Contact Phone||Formula||Refers to Secondary Contact Phone number.|
|Other Contact Email||Formula||Refers to Other Contact Email id.|
|Other Contact Phone||Formula||Refers to Other Contact Phone number.|
|Site Specific Instructions||Textarea||It shows the instructions of the site. It allows only 255 characters.|
|Terms and Conditions||Rich Text Area||Contains rules of the service terms. It allows only 32768 characters.|